Jessica McCormack ("We/us/our") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) the data controller is Jessica McCormack Limited of 7 Carlos Place, London, W1K 3AR. We will, in processing your data comply with the Act and all data protection and privacy laws and Regulations applied in England from time to time.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.jessicamccormack.com(our site), by telephone or other electronic means or by visiting our store. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services or searching for a product. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may, as well as other information, include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number financial and other credit card information.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence or communication. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site, at our store, or by other means and of the fulfilment of your orders and any subsequent communications regarding your purchase.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may record telephone conversations for training and security purposes. You would be notified if recording is taking place at the commencement of any call.
- Closed circuit television recordings within our store for safety and security purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual but will comply with the law.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or where purchases are made over the counter, in hard copy at our stores. Any online payment transactions will be encrypted and carried out through our appointed agent through a secure site. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email, telephone or post with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means or by post only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form). We will only retain your data for so long as is reasonably necessary. See also “Your Rights” below.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Jessica McCormack or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You also have the right to correct any incorrect data we may hold of you; and where applicable, the right to be forgotten.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
There are some cookies that are essential to the functionality of the site, allowing you to: purchase products successfully, navigate to the correct page, and save personal preferences.
Our website uses industry standard encryption Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to protect your personal information while you browse our website.
“Analytical” cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. They also allows us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, products you viewed or searched for, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to our site;
- record page response times, length of visits to certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page;
- help us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily;
- allow you to use our site in a way that makes your browsing experience more convenient, for example, by allowing you to store items in an electronic shopping basket between visits.
The above list is not exhaustive.
|PHPSESSID||To identify a user’s session to the software that our website uses.|
|__cfduid||Used by CloudFlare service to identify trusted web traffic|
mage-cache-sessid, mage-cache-storage, mage-cache-storage-section-invalidation,mage-messages,
mage translation-storage, mage-translation-file-version, section_data_ids, X-Magento-Vary
|Session cookies used by Magento caching to improve web site speed.|
|form_key||Used by Magento to prevent forged requests|
|private_content_version||Used by Magento caching to improve web site speed.|
Except for essential functional cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.